vitero is based on a client-server architecture.
The following list will provide you with the most important technical data:
- exe file has only a few MB,
- virtual team room can be used regardless of browser type,
- no installation and admin rights required,
- no registry entries; nothing is left on the computer after the program is closed,
- low requirements: Windows or Mac OSX computer, Internet connection, computer headset,
- requires only small bandwidths,
- client operating systems: starting with Windows 2000 and OSX,
- firewall friendly with http tunneling over Port 80,
- proxy server friendly;
- secure 128-bit encryption.
Overview of major functions and features of vitero:
- high-performance application sharing, even with up to 40 participants,
- each participant can show his/her document or application to all other participants, and each participant can edit documents and control applications stored on the computer of another participant,
- audio communication over voice-over-IP or telephone,
- several participants can talk at the same time,
- automatic analysis of system requirements and automatic sound card configuration when vitero is started,
- integration of webcam live streams for up to three participants at the same time,
- convenient booking and invitation tool; invitations to vitero meetings can automatically be transmitted to MS Outlook,
- quick and flexible assignment of participants to adjoining rooms at short notice,
- recording of vitero sessions with several options for automatic structuring of recordings,
- scalability from one-to-one communication to many-to-many communication comprising several hundred viewers/spectators,
- tailor-made, customized solutions possible due to the vitero product series comprising a number of modules.
vitero - System requirements
We use vitero in the Faculty for Mechanical Engineering for online lectures, online meetings and collegiate online tutorials in addition to our ...
We are using vitero for our web based seminars comprising working groups from all over Europe. Besides providing excellent synchronous communication, ...